As human beings we were created for relationships. On the good days, marriage and other intimate relationships can bring happiness, support, and companionship. However, the difficult days can consist of pain, fear, and frustration. If not addressed, these issues can result in damage to the foundation of a relationship causing anger and resentment.
With wisdom gleaned from both life experience and professional training, Elise helps couples with practical and spiritual tools that teach them to make informed choices and encourage productive habits. Clients will learn to identify even subtle destructive habits that may have developed over time, and also to recognize their own contributions to patterns that keep couples locked in conflict.
The primary goal in couple’s counseling is to examine the heart issues that either help or hinder the relationship, and to implement new approaches for remaining connected with one another, resulting in a more satisfying relationship.
Couples who desire change in their relationship can look forward to:
- Gaining new tools to better manage conflict
- Restoring trust and respect in the relationship
- Recovering from infidelity
- Effectively parenting as a team
- Recognizing and changing destructive habits for a more satisfying relationship
- Rebuilding intimacy and maintaining connectedness